Wednesday 16 May 2012

Dodging the showers at West Lodge Park

Being a wedding photographer, the spring of 2012 will go down as one of the most challenging times in my career - simply because of the awful weather we've encountered.  Indeed as I sit here writing this, I can look out of my studio window and see hailstones the size of marbles and listen to the thunder.  Roll on June!

So it was that I ended up dodging the showers last week when Emma and Peter joined me at West Lodge Park Hotel for their pre-wedding shoot.   They're getting married there later this year and Peter had put together a lovely proposal in the gardens some months previously, so there's really nowhere more suitable.

Many wedding photographers will offer a pre-wedding shoot, but for most it's simply a chance for them to sell their clients more pictures.  I really don't want my clients treated like cash cows, so I also give my couples a complimentary 16x16" canvas montage, based around one of three exclusive and unique designs.    Having a montage like this means that there's no pressure sales and everyone knows that the sessions are all about making sure we get better photographs on the big day.

Here are a few of my favourite images, taken under the shelter of trees or when the rain briefly abated:

  Highlights from West Lodge Park Hotel, Cockfosters

A huge thank you to both Emma and Peter for being such good sports and making the best of a bad situation.   Lets hope that's the last of the rain associated with your wedding guys!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment